Travel time from Houlton is approximately 4.5 hours, and a set of directions from Google Maps is available here (the Camp’s co-ordinates are 48.041308,-65.449762).
- After crossing the border at Houlton, Maine follow highway 95 on the Canadian side to the junction with the Trans Canada highway #2.
- Take the Trans Canada #2 West, you will see a sign for Edmunston and St-Leonard. Stay on highway #2 until you see the exit for Campbellton, New Brunswick, (about an hour drive from the border crossing to the Campbellton exit).
- Take the exit to Campbellton, you will be on highway #17.
- Follow #17 for approximately 90 minutes. As a reference point you will drive by the towns of St-Quentin and Kedgwick.
- After 90 minutes you will see an exit for Campbellton, New Brunswick.
- Take this exit and follow the directions to downtown Campbellton. Campbellton is a small town and not difficult to get around.
- Once in Campbellton follow directions to the bridge, for your reference there is a large bridge that crosses from New Brunswick to Quebec.
- After crossing the bridge you will drive approximately two miles to the junction for highway 132.
- Turn right on highway 132 east, you will now be following the south shore of the Gaspe Peninsula. As a reference point you will pass by the towns of Carleton, Maria and New Richmond. The drive from Campbellton to Bonaventure is about 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Once you arrive in Bonaventure you will arrive at a set of traffic lights. There is a large church on the left and a hotel on the right.
- Continue straight through the lights and you will begin to cross the causeway over the estuary of the Bonaventure River. The causeway has two small bridges, immediately after crossing the second bridge you will see a road on your left that follows the estuary.
- This road is called “Vieux Ponts”.
- Turn left on Vieux Ponts and follow it for about 1 mile.
- You will see a road on your right called St-Georges, turn right on St-Georges, it is a gravel road.
- Once on St-George drive only about 100 feet and you will see a gravel road to your left. Turn left on this road and it will bring you to the lodge.
If you have any problems please do not hesitate to call the lodge at 1-800-737-2740 or 418-752-4650 Cell.